Offramp's progress

The very latest in the world of Offramp Tavanipupu, Alan O'Brien and their frinds and family.

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Batterie de Crossword

The Norton Anthology of English Literature, Volumes 1 and 2. I bought the first one for £2.75 in a charity shop in Wimbledon, and the second one for £9.00 on the Charing Cross Road. They have not yet aided me in any crossword - but I am sure that assistance lurks in those 5,500+ pages somewhere in the future.
Chambers is the generally-recommended dictionary - even by crosswords who give a prize of a Collins Dictionary.
The Bradford's is brilliant - essential. I used to use the pocket version but my eyes are not so good.
I bought this truncated clipboard today at Ryman's. It was £2.99; I needed it because it fits in my bag, which is slightly too small to accommodate A4. I travel a lot, and I carry a lot, so I can't carry around entire newspapers: I cut them out.

As I say, I used to use this; it seems almost identical to the larger version but woth smaller print. It is an invaluable book.
Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home